It is the intent of Region 2 to award one or two $2,000 scholarships per year to a deserving youth. The “type” of school of continuing education should be accredited and may be, but not limited to, one of the following examples: University, State College, Community College, Vocational School, Trade School, Farrier School, etc. Region 2 will have the authority to approve or disapprove the facility in question. Our desire is to encourage and financially assist in the promotion of the continuing education of our youth beyond the high school level.
• Each applicant must be a member, in good standing, of a Region 2 club for at least 12 months prior to application submission.
• Each applicant must be between the ages of 17-23
• An applicant may also be a recipient for as many as 2 years but must submit an application each time.
• Each applicant must have graduated from high school and be enrolled as a freshman in college or have enrolled or already attending another type of approved school. An applicant may be a senior in high school, at the time of the application submission if they plan to attend a shorter termed approved educational facility.
Criteria and Requirements:
This scholarship is awarded based upon:
• Submission of the name of the accredited school/program along with any relevant information related to your desire to attend this school/program.
Past academic achievement (submission of grade transcript)
• 3 letters of recommendation from someone unrelated to the applicant (Examples: teacher/advisor, clergy or community leader, member of Region 2, adult horseman/horsewoman).
• In lieu of an essay, Region 2 would like you to answer 2 questions. Your answers should not exceed 1,000 words in total. Try to budget approximately 500 words per question. Questions and their answers should be typed or handwritten on separate sheets and submitted with the application. Write each question and follow it with your answer.
- Question #1 How has your experience with Arabian horses influenced you as you are today and how is it related to what you intend to do in the future?
- Question #2 Has there been anyone that has had a positive influence in your life and please tell us what that meant to you?
If selected, you will be asked to supply an upper body, colored photograph no larger than 5x7 and the name and address of your local newspaper so that an article can be submitted for publication.
• Region 2 shall retain complete authority and control of this program and any changes made to it must be by a majority vote of its delegate members.
Selection of Recipient and Distribution of Funds:
- Selection of the recipient will be a recommendation made by the Region 2 Scholarship Committee (created each year by the current Region 2 Director) and that the scholarship recipient then be confirmed by a majority delegate vote.
- The Scholarship Committee shall consist of ( 3) Region 2 adult members. The number of members shall consist of an odd number because of the possibility of needing to break a tie.
- Upon selection and approval, a check in the full amount, will be written to the Registrar or appropriate higher education individual AFTER the recipient has shown proof of satisfactory completion of the course or semester. If grades are given, a minimum of a “C” average must be achieved.
* DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION SHALL BE May 1, 2022
The Scholarship program will be reviewed every three years!
Download/view the Youth Scholarship application
2020 Scholarship winners:
Congratulation to Natalie Zavala, Jaclyn Thacker, Flora ElmColone and Hayden Becker!